Kandis King , 2009-2010 Chair
The objective of the Art Department is to encourage members to foster and support various art activities throughout the community. This can include local theatre groups, art and film festivals and youth art.
Project we were involved in this year included:
- GFWC Photography Contest – Volunteers in Action
- North Tampa Arts League – $50 membership renewal
- Mort/MOSI Art Dept. Supplies Donation – Mort and MOSI Elementary received $200 worth of donations. The teachers were appreciative of our continued support.
- VSA Arts – We gave a $100 donation to this great non-profit organization that is helping to create a society where all people with disabilities learn through participating in and enjoying the arts.
- Wharton Drama Club Donation – A donation was given to the Wharton High School drama club which puts on productions throughout the year that are open to the public.
- Collective Soles Scholarship
- Community Stepping Stones
- Poetry/Short Story Contests