The GFWC Florida Convention was held in Orlando at the end of April and several of our club members made the trip and enjoyed a fun weekend! Our club was honored with many awards for our work this past year! While our club runs from June to June each year, we submit all of our activities by calendar year and that is how the GFWC awards are calculated.
We started the Convention by receiving the following awards:
• Education – 1st Place, Special recognition Butterfly Jar Collection Project
• Communications/PR – 1st Place, Special recognition Preemie Hearts Project
• Newsletter – 1st Place
• Membership – 1st Place
• Directors Project- 1st Place
• International Outreach – 1st Place, Special recognition Operation Christmas Child
• Leadership – 2nd Place
• Arts – 2nd Place
• Conservation – 2nd Place
• Fundraising – 2nd Place, Special recognition Night of 5000
• Public Issues – 2nd place, Special recognition for Pinwheels for Prevention donation
• One Voice for Children – 2nd place
• Home Life – 3rd Place
There are only three awards given at the state level to individuals in Junior Clubs. Melanie Otte was awarded the coveted Nancy Crawford Leadership Award for her outstanding work! Please join us in congratulating Melanie on this great accomplishment! Way to go Melanie!
Our club received the very highest honor a Junior Club in Florida
can receive…..we were presented with the prestigious Mary Clark Award for being the most outstanding Junior club in the state! This is a huge honor and we have a silver tea set to treasure for the next club year as recognition for this award. Thanks to every member of our club for all of your hard work!